A travel-photo essay featuring the New York City views and amenities at One UN New York Millennium Hotel in midtown Manhattan…
New York City Skyline Views and Room Views - One UN New York
I had a great experience staying in One UN New York’s west tower this past week. is part of the Millennium Hotels and Resorts group of global luxury travel properties and lays claim to some of the best views of the New York City skyline. Located on East 44th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues, the hotel just completed a large scale renovation of its West Tower.
The hotel also just recently launched which is a luxury package that includes a ton of amazing perks along with accommodations in the West Tower. One of the perks is a session with their Skyscraper Curator who shares history and architectural facts about many of the skyscrapers that surround the hotel. The package also includes access to a lounge on the 30th floor that serves up breakfast and evening beverages with hors d’oeuvres. And if that wasn’t enough, the kind hosts at One UN New York also provide you with a luxe box of chocolates, a set of collectible NYC coloring postcards that you can color in yourself, and tickets to New York City’s Skyscraper Museum.
During my stay, I received a grand tour of the West Tower and got to experience the views firsthand. Something that struck me about the hotel (aside from the jaw-dropping views) was how spacious the rooms are compared to other midtown Manhattan hotels. There are tons of hotels in midtown but usually you sacrifice space and noise levels for location. However, since One UN New York is located between 1st and 2nd Avenues, there is a lot less noise and space seems to be a top priority. I think the new West Tower is perfect for vacationing couples as well as families looking for great accommodations still in midtown within walking distance to many of the midtown tourist sites but also with easy access to many other areas of New York City.
The best part of my stay was that I woke up to a snowy New York City skyline view the next morning from my beautiful room in the West Tower. Perfect timing!
Gallery Key (corresponds to the order of photos in the photo-set):
1. This is the spectacular view I woke up to. Does it get any better? It was sunrise and snow was swirling around the tops of the skyscrapers of midtown and coating the streets below. View this photo in my portfolio here:
2. The full view from my West Tower room. This is a unique view of the Empire State Building and Chrysler Building while snow falls. It was hard to tear myself away from this view, believe me. View this photo in my portfolio here:
3. I loved these mirrors. This is a sitting area in one of the
4.This is the view from the swimming pool at One UN New York. Yes, really. View this photo in my portfolio here:
5. The hotel has a duplex suite which is spacious, modern, and yet still somehow maintains a comfortable vibe. View this photo larger here:
6. You know how I wrote above that it was hard to tear myself away from my room’s view? Well, the fine folks at One UN New York clearly knew that would be the case and so I got to enjoy their friendly room service which included a heavenly chocolate layer cake. Cake + city lights = perfection. View this photo larger here:
7. A night view from my room. View this photo in my portfolio here: :
8. A view of one of the deluxe rooms. View this photo larger here: :
9. This is a view to the right of the lobby. While this is the original design and it will eventually be renovated, I really loved the mirrored ceilings and late 20th century vibe. View this photo larger here: :
10. And finally, this is one of the views from the fitness center. View this photo larger here: :
** All of these photos were taken with my Sony A99 and Sony NEX-6
View these photos (and more) of the views, accommodations, and amenities at One UN New York here (click on each photo in the set to enlarge):
Looking for more New York City Winter photos with snow? Here is a set (click on each photo to enlarge):
View: , , , ,, or ask for help.